Robert McCall Memorial Competition
Registration for this event is now closed
Imporant linksCompetition announcement
Skate Canada Rule Book to determine eligibility
Below is a summary of the roles that we are looking to have filled. Many of the shifts are only 2 hours and we are looking for 2 volunteers per shift, so if you can do more than one, we would love to have you!
- Ice Captains:
- Check skaters’ names as they arrive for their event, inform them if the event is running on time.
- Ensure that, once they have checked in with you, you are aware of where the skater is so that they do not miss their warm up or event.
- Before the skater takes to the ice, a brief check for loose skate laces, hair pins, etc. should be made.
- Stationed near the judges, they will run results to the technical specialists, post results in designated areas, as well as run music from the registration desk to the music player.
- Staffing tables where we will be selling items to raise funds
- 50/50 Ticket Sales
- Selling tickets to audience and any others
- Ensure that the officials room has fresh food and drink
- Set out hot food for the main 3 meals
- Check in skaters as they arrive
- Log on a sheet that they have handed in their music, and any associated paperwork o Working with runners, ensure music for each event, is received by the music player
- Return music and report cards to skaters as they finish their event
- login (link on top right)
- go to "Registration" tab (second from right in menu bar)
- look for "Volunteer Sign-up" (last item on right in side bar)